Sunday 18 May 2014

OUGD505 - Design Practice 2: Studio Brief 2 (Thoughts Before Final Crit)

Before the final crit I want to make sure that I have relevant questions to get feedback on. I also want to make sure that I am aware of the possibilities of products which I could produce, so that I can analyse my options carefully. I am currently considering whether to produce an app, or just propose one for the purpose of demonstrating how it would look and work. The functionality of the app would be really simple for children to engage with and it could be used by children with or without autism. 

I am looking forward to getting feedback on all of the following ideas below. I feel as though as soon as I am given the feedback I need I will be able to progress further and organise for any printing to be done if this is necessary.




Below is the app explained. It would be extremely simple with each flash card on each page. The user would simply swipe through to view all of the cards individually and the app would be updated on a regular basis with the latest flash card designs. 


Further Experimentation

I have experimented with printing out my flash cards on clear paper. I wanted to see whether it would work and whether it would be suitable to use in any situations. Although I tried printing out my road safety cards, I feel as though the swimming safety would probably be more appropriate. Although, as the cards need to be easy to access and read, this might not be a suitable option. Another thing I noticed when I printed it out, is that it takes quite a while to dry as I smudged the front flash card. This indicates that it definitely wouldn't be waterproof if any way so it definitely wouldn't be applicable to my work. I am glad that I experimented with this stock however, as it has allowed me to make this informed decision. 




No comments:

Post a Comment