Tuesday 4 February 2014

OUGD505 - Design Practice 2: Design Boards Workshop

This morning we were asked to present our latest research. We each had about 3 minutes to present our findings and then we were given feedback. I was told:

  • Primary research is well informed
  • I have shown a clear direction in my research
  • Strong direction in my work
After this we were then asked to feedback to Lorraine and list as many things we should and shouldn't have on our presentation boards. I found this really helpful.

What not to include:

  • Don't write in first person
  • Change recent boards from first person
  • Initial sketches aren't always relevant
  • Spelling mistakes
  • No marks on the final boards
  • Poor image quality
  • Not all in uppercase
  • TLDR - Not much text
  • Too little text
What to include:

  • Inks
  • Binding
  • Dimensions
  • Pantone 
  • Stock
  • Numbering
  • Titles
  • Final work
  • Decent photographs
Once we had finished this exercise we were then asked to swap boards and identify any errors we could see. We continued to do this until we had checked everything including alignment.

Some of the key feedback I received is as follows:
  • Page numbering
  • Image quality
  • First person
  • As a set your boards have good consistency
  • Include pantone
  • Always put your work in to context
  • Include the stock you have used
I am now aware of what I need to include on my design boards in the future and will be making amendments to the boards for this new brief before submission. I don't feel as though there is too much that I need to change but it just needs to become second nature to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment