Saturday 21 December 2013

OUGD504 - Design Production: Design For Print and Web (Primary Research)

Whilst I was at home over Christmas I was fortunate enough to be able to ask my mum questions about aromatherapy. I had thought about all of the different uses for plants and this was one the things that came to mind. As my mum is an aromatherapist she was able to provide me with books which explained all I needed to know about orange oil once I had decided on the name L'Orangerie for my shop.

I was unsure whether to go down a scientific route with my work because I'm not sure whether I myself will be able to fully understand it in the time I have to complete this project, and I would rather not have to regurgitate information which I can't make sense of because this would be pointless.

I first of all used this book to gather information about all of the different oils. I found it really interesting to read but also found it quite complex.








I then used this book which I found extremely helpful as it gave me a lot of different ideas for my shop. I started to think about more and more products which could be scented and found so many different recipes for different items which then started to make me think about the 5 senses and how I could relate my brief to them, providing the customer with different products that fulfill each of the senses in a different way.














I ordered this book online as I thought it would be worthwhile to gather my information about Versailles from a more reliable source than the internet. I found this book really useful as it has the plan of the gardens on it, in quite a simplified way. It also has information about the interior as well as all of the gardens and what can be found in each one.

As I have decided to focus on the orangery there I read through the section and was able to see that within the orangery they have a range of different plants, such as lemons, pomegranates, oranges as well as palm trees which were later added.




No comments:

Post a Comment