Friday 20 December 2013

OUGD504 - Design Production: Design For Print and Web (Shopping Concept and Development)

Once I had created most of my products for L'Orangerie I decided to think about how visitors could have a unique shopping experience, in a similar way to the Yorkshire Soap Company, where you use a tray to collect all of your items and take them to the till at the end. I had this basket at home and thought it would be ideal as it could represent a hanging basket for flowers, relating to the gardens at the Chateau de Versailles. 


Using this paint I found at home over Christmas I gave the basket a quick paint. I wanted the finish to be rustic and authentic which is why I decided not to give it another coat afterwards.

This is what the basket looked like once it had been finished. I am really excited to see what this looks like with some of my products inside. 



No comments:

Post a Comment