Wednesday 13 November 2013

OUGD504 - Design Production: Design For Print (Primary Research on Repro graphics and Screen print)

Today I decided to go down to reprographics and photograph all of the different printers and then visited the screen printing area to view all of the different ways to create my printed work. I am obviously already quite aware of the different printers which are available to us downstairs but thought it would be worthwhile to speak to James and photograph them for future reference, and as another way of collecting some primary research for my print brief.

A2 Printer


A1 width



A2 Printer


A2 Printer


A2 Printer


Laser cutter to create stickers



I then came across this miniature exhibition which I found within college. A student had designed a stamp and left an ink pad out so that everyone could interact with it. This is a clever way of engaging the audience. This is something I could try adopting for my own work and perhaps create something which allows my audience to interact with the product I produce.




I then went down to the print room to look at all of the different machinery they have available for us to use. Having used much of it last year as well as during my foundation I am aware of the uses of them all, however I thought it would be worthwhile to refresh my memory.






All of these foils can be used when screen printing on to material or even if I wanted to use the laminator to foil certain parts of my work. This is something I have experimented with before and so I am aware of the quality of the outcome. If I feel as though it is necessary for me to foil my final product then I know exactly what I need to do.
















No comments:

Post a Comment