Tuesday 27 November 2012

OUGD404 - Manipulating Type: Birth of a font

Today we were asked to use the letterforms we had collected at home. We had to bring in 'ABCD' upper and lowercase in gothic, script, roman and block. We had been asked to cut them out into 10x10cm squares ready for the session.

We were asked to put all of the letter 'C's to one side and concentrate on using the other letterforms instead.


We were then asked to cut out each letter individually to enable us to create our own letterforms using the stems, crossbars and bowls from each example.


Below are a select few of my examples, I have chosen to show my most successful outcomes by ensuring that the background is as clear as possible, allowing each letter form to stand out.





































Giddyup Std and News Gothic MT

Name of my font: Giddyup Gothic MT

Digital




Hand rendered


Digital




Hand rendered



Impact and News Gothic MT

Name of my font: Impact Gothic MT

Digital


Hand rendered


Digital


Hand rendered





Times New Roman and News Gothic MT

Name of my font: Times News Gothic MT

Digital



Hand rendered

Digital


Hand rendered



Impact and Times New Roman

Name of my font: Impact New

Digital


Hand rendered

Digital


Hand rendered


Giddyup Std and News Gothic MT

Name of my font: Giddyup News

Digital




Hand rendered


Digital



Hand rendered











No comments:

Post a Comment